Montreal Mayor Valérie Plante is joining the online backlash against Anjou borough councillor Lynne Shand for her comments.
A newly appointed United Conservative Party candidate has come under fire for claims that he promoted religious programming that dealt with “unwanted same-sex attraction.”
York police have released surveillance camera images of three male suspects and a getaway van in the alleged armed kidnapping of a 22-year-old man in Markham this weekend.
Canada Reads, the annual weeklong debate to select a winning book from a selection of five talented writers and their high-profile defenders, starts Mar. 25.
Ontario’s government has cancelled a number of electricity conservation programs, including one which offered pool owners a $400 rebate for upgrading to energy-efficient pumps.
The economy has ousted accountability as the top issue for Albertans this election, according to a survey of more than 30,000 people across the province.
Here are the 10 ridings that caught the attention of our legislative reporter Kim Trynacity and election night host Rob Brown.
An Edmonton man who lost $143,000 in a dating scam hopes his ordeal will help prevent others from being victimized online.
The NDP is looking to change the narrative in Quebec and is drawing inspiration from a left-wing, sovereigntist provincial party.
Maeve Field was struck by an out-of-control car Saturday. Her family says her life has been forever changed. Now they’re asking for help.
Mayors from Canada and the United States have called again for immediate action to fight the threat of Asian carp in the Great Lakes waterways.
Calgary police are looking to the public to help identify four menÂ suspected inÂ a $200,000 bitcoin fraud that included attacks in seven Canadian cities.
Canola farmers are grappling with an uncertain market, something one Sask. farmer says will impact the bottom line.
While he doesn’t play professionally anymore, Nathan Dempsey says he’s not letting his Parkinson’s disease diagnosis keep him off the ice.
Cellphones will be banned in Ontario classrooms during instructional time, starting in September.
Crown prosecutors are appealing the sentence given last month to Quebec City mosque shooter Alexandre Bissonnette.