Canadian miner Lundin Mining Corp said on Monday it plans to make an offer to buy base metals company Nevsun Resources Ltd for C$1.4 billion.
* Dow up 0.2 pct; S&P down 0.1 pct, Nasdaq down 0.3 pct (Updates close with Netflix shares falling sharply after results)
* Dow up 0.2 pct; S&P down 0.1 pct, Nasdaq down 0.3 pct (Updates to close)
* Oil prices settle down over 4 percent, Brent hits 3-month low
Netflix Inc added fewer subscribers than expected in both its international and domestic markets in the second quarter.
* Dow up 0.1 pct; S&P down 0.2 pct, Nasdaq down 0.3 pct (Updates to late afternoon)
* Activist investors have been pressing for bold restructuring
Energy Transfer Partners LP’s West Texas Gulf and Mid-Valley pipelines are scheduled for planned maintenance activities in October, a spokeswoman said on Monday:
* Dollar retreats ahead of Powell’s testimony (Updates with U.S. afternoon trading)
* Zinc touches lowest June 2017 (Adds closing prices, IMF data)
Top Boeing Co and Embraer SA executives on Monday defended their potential commercial aircraft partnership, saying they were confident it would win regulatory approval.
* Corporate earnings outlook, M&A outweigh weaker Chinese data
** S&P 500 hits highest level since early Feb, finishes up 1.5 pct as corporate scorecards overshadow trade conflicts
* UK to unveil model of new warplane, pledge funds – source (Adds more deals, executive comments)
BlackRock Inc, the world’s biggest asset manager, reported a 25.6 percent jump in quarterly profit on Monday, helped by higher investment advisory fees.
Qatar Airways has finalised an order to buy five 777 freighters from U.S. planemaker Boeing, the two companies said on Monday.